NTS-pico is an out of the Box ready to use Time Server based on linux operating system. It delivers an accurate GPS time directly to network using NTP and PTP protocols via a single 10/100Mbps Ethernet port on an IPv4/IPv6 protocol.
NTS-pico is a cost effective NTP server in a small form factor air-cooled package. The unit was been designed for industrial networks (such as power plant), and buildings (for BMS and CCTV), and operational servers requiring an accurate time and operates on a 24/7 basis.
The unit packaging is equipped with the following
- Accept power from a 9-30VDC power supply normally used by fire alarm and intruments used by Building Management System.
- GNSS antenna and 30 meter coax cable (SMA ended)
- Marine antenna with a built-in GPS signal amplifier and TCXO holdover oscillator for GNSS less operations.
- Multi-satellite receiver simultaneously supporting GPS, GLONASS
- GALILEO and BEIDOU ready
- Fast (less than 0.5ms +/- 1ppm) Time To First Fix TTFF synchronization startup.
- The receiver accuracy is better than 15ns (at 2 sigma)
- Supports cryptographic authentication.
Optionally feature is the addition of GSM modem capability to NTS-pico for synchronization monitoring, remote configuration, firmware upgrade/downgrade support and alarm/event LOG transfer.
Holdover mode ensure synchronization accuracy to be better than 4ms in first hour. After 24 huors the maximum holdover error is not bigger than 100ms on server output.
The extra features will require additional hardware and/or software firmware upgrade to make it operational. One example is in the support for Galileo and Bediu.
The NTS-pico package contains a complete out of the box GPS NTP Time Server solution that can be immediately made operational. The package includes the following:
- Power Supply
- GPS Antenna 30dB with 30 meter coaxial cable on SMA
- TIME SERVER NTP STRATUM-1
- GRANDMASTER PTP/IEEE1588
- GNSS ref. UTC time
- SBAS support
- 1s GNSS Hot Start (TTFF)
- 25s GNSS Warm Start (TTFF)
- 30s GNSS Cold Start (TTFF)
- NTP & PTP soft TimeStamping
- Holdover 1 hour < 4ms
- Holdover 24 hour < 100ms
- Linux & TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6)
- 100/10Mbps Ethernet LAN
- 1PPS precission time support
- NTP authentication
- MD5, RSA, DSA, SSL security
- HTTP, HTTPS, TELNET, SSH
- SYSLOG, SNMP
- Built-in GSM modem*
- RS232/485/USB interface
- 30m (38dB) antenna included
- Works w/any CLIENT software NTP, SNTP, PTP, CHRONY
Belwo are capable of 0.5ms Time To First Fix startup +/- 1 ppm
- GPS L1 (1575,42MHz) w/ AGPS & SBAS support
- GLONASS L1 (1598,06-1605,38MHz)
- GALILEO* L1 (1575,42MHz)
- BEIDOU* L1 (1561,09-1575,42MHz)
Supported Time Protocols
The device supports all NTP/PTP modes incl. Unicast, Broadcast and Multicast
- NTP v2, v3, v4 (RFC1305, RFC1119, RFC5905, RFC5906, RFC5907, RFC1769)
- PTP v1, v2 IEEE1588-2008 (PTPv2), Digital (rs232)
- SNTP RFC4330, RFC2030, RFC1769
- TSA* RFC3161 (Time Stamping), Daytime RFC867*, Time Protocol (RFC868*)
- 1x LAN Eth ernet 10 /100 Base-T (RJ45) 1x RS232C (RJ45)
- 1x SMA GNSS for antenna 1x 1PPS IN (RJ45)*
- 1x SMA GSM* for antenna 1x USB 2.0 (micro-USB)
- SNMP MIB 2
- IEC*61850 (networking)
Heavy Duty Industrial Solution (metal housing) MTBF 50000hrs
- Size: 80 x 60 x 34 mm
- Weight: 500 grams
- Power: 9-30VDC with backup Backup lithium battery: 3V 620mAh (incl.)
- Operating temperature: -20°C to+55°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity: up to 95%